Marginal Revolution University Learn, Teach, and Share
Principles of Micro
Principles of Macro
See All 16 Courses
Mini-Courses in Your Inbox
You are here
» Economic Growth 2 »
The Solow Model 1 – Introduction
» Practice Questions
The Solow Model 1 – Introduction - Practice Questions
1. According to the Solow Model, _____________________ is a function of capital.
2. In the Solow Model, capital is subject to _____________________. So as you add additional units of capital to other fixed resources, there comes a point where more capital does not increase output as much as it did before.
the endowment effect
3. The Solow Model implies that countries with small initial capital stocks should grow rapidly. This implies that:
poorer countries should eventually “catch-up” to richer countries (conditional convergence)
poorer countries are bound to experience explosive growth which will propel their economic output far beyond that of rich countries
the growth rates between rich and poor countries is bound to diverge
4. In the Solow Model, when capital is depreciating faster than it is being accumulated we may conclude that the capital stock is _________________________.
remaining the same
5. In the Solow Model, the point where investment is equal to depreciation is known as the ______________.
growth acceleration point